When the child turns 14 (or younger if determined appropriate by the Individualized Educational Program (IEP) Team, and updated annually) their IEP will include appropriate measurable postsecondary goals and transition services needed to assist in reaching those goals. All students with IEPs must receive transition planning services as part of their IEP. Each year, the student and their IEP team identify what the student wants to do for employment, education/training, and independent living after High School.

Overall, transition planning:

  • Helps determine what PATH your child will take after High School
  • Identifies what the student needs to be successful
  • Determines what agencies or services are needed
  • Provides opportunities and experiences based on student interest and need


**Click HERE to view Transition Events, Programs & Services**

Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Services

Any high school student with a disability who may need vocational guidance and assistance in preparing for, obtaining, or maintaining competitive employment should be considered for referral to the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR). Students who have an IEP, a 504 Plan, or who are involved with a school’s Student Assistance Program may be appropriate referrals to OVR.

For more information on transition planning, contact Ms. Laura Budd at laura.budd@padistance.org.


The documents below can provide you with even more information regarding learning disabilities:
Special Education Services (1 page)
Child Find
Procedural Safeguards Notice
Parents’ Rights
Understanding Due Process Meetings Parent’s Guide